Call us now (+44) 01793 836 010

Spouse Visa/Civil Partner Visa

“A spouse visa allows you to live in the UK as the spouse or civil partner of a loved one already settled in the UK”.

Whether you’re applying for your spouse visa from within the UK (switching category) or applying from overseas, we can manage your case. We know how important it is for you to be together with your partner – and we’ll work closely with you to give your application the best chance of approval.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Spouse and partner visas in more detail

There are certain suitability and eligibility criteria which must be met and supported with evidence. You need to show that you have met your partner (who must be a British citizen or ‘settled’ person), and intend to live together permanently as their spouse, civil or unmarried partner.

If you have been in a relationship before, you must also prove this has permanently ended (e.g divorce or death certificate). Unmarried partners must provide evidence of cohabitation for at least two years.

If you are not a national of a recognised majority English-speaking country, you may be required to take an English test before making an application, unless an exemption applies.

You will also need to evidence your partner’s gross annual income – known as the financial requirement. This sets a minimum threshold, which increases if there are children involved who also require a visa.

The type of evidence required will change depending on your partner’s source of income – ie salaried and/or non-salaried employment, self-employment, cash savings or pension. Not all sources can be combined and some exclusions may apply – but we can advise you based on your personal circumstances.

Extension applications

You can apply to extend your existing spouse / civil partner visa if you can prove that you continue to remain in a genuine and subsisting relationship. The financial requirement will still need to be met and evidenced where appropriate.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

It is possible to settle in the UK after 5 years continuous and lawful stay in this category. Evidence of your ongoing relationship and how the financial requirement continues to be met employment will be required as part of the application.

How to Get Started

Whether you’re making an initial Spouse or Civil Partner visa application, extension/renewal or Indefinite Leave to Remain our experts can help. Call us on 01793 836 010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right.


Under GDPR, we require your consent

1 + 9 =

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!