Call us now (+44) 01793 836 010

Representatives of Overseas Business

“This visa allows employees of an overseas business to set up a UK branch or subsidiary for their overseas parent company. The visa also enables foreign media employees to undertake long-term assignments in the UK”.

Our job is to help you do yours. So whether you’re coming to the UK on a journalistic assignment or to set up your company’s UK branch, our specialist team are here to manage and support your visa application. We’ll assess exactly what evidence you need to supply to maximise your chance of success.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Representatives of Overseas Business in more detail

We advise you on the most appropriate evidence to provide, based on the facts of your specific case. You must submit detailed and original evidence to demonstrate the relationship between your parent company overseas and the business rationale setting out why that person is required to come to the UK.

Sole representative visas

As the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch (or a wholly owned subsidiary company for an overseas parent company), your initial application must be applied from outside the UK.

Your application must prove that you were recruited and remain employed as a senior employee of an overseas parent company, headquartered outside the UK. You should not be a majority shareholder.

You must intend to work solely for your employer, to establish a commercial presence in the UK either as a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary in the same business as the parent company. You will be expected to have relevant industry experience and knowledge, together with full authority to make operational decisions for the UK branch or subsidiary.

You must also meet the English language requirement and show enough personal savings.

Media employees posted on long-term assignment to the UK

Employees of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK can also apply for this type of visa.

Your application will need to be supported by original evidence showing that you are an employee of a recognised media organisation, and that you are required to undertake a long-term UK assignment as part of your employment.

As is the case for sole representatives, you must meet the English language requirement and show enough personal savings to qualify.

Extension applications

You can extend your stay if you are still required to undertake the same type of work for your employer as set out in the original application.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

It is possible to qualify for settlement in this category, after 5 years continuous and lawful stay. Evidence of your employment will still be required as part of the application.

How to Get Started

Whether you’re making an initial application for a Sole representative or Media employee posted to the UK, or seeking to extend your stay in the UK, our experts can help manage your case. Call us on 01793 836 010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right.


Under GDPR, we require your consent

12 + 1 =

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!