Call us now (+44) 01793 836 010

EEA Nationals

European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their non-EEA family members to live and work in the UK.

We understand that it can be daunting to make an application without legal assistance. We will manage your application, complete all the paperwork and submit your application to the Home Office, providing you with full guidance and instruction throughout.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

EEA nationals and non-EEA family members in more detail

All EEA and Swiss nationals are free to live and work in the UK without requiring a separate work permission (known as a right of residence).

If you plan to stay in the UK for more than three months, you should be a ‘qualified person’. This could be on the basis of employment (including jobseekers), studies or economic self-sufficiency. You can apply for a registration certificate which confirms this.

Your ‘direct’ or ‘extended’ non-EEA family members can also apply to join or remain in the UK with you. Direct family member/s are not required to apply for an EEA family permit or residence card, although it does allow them to prove their right to live and work in the UK. Your direct family members include your spouse or civil partner, children under 21 years, and any dependant parent or grandparent.

Extended family members must always have a valid EEA family permit or residence card. Your extended family members include an unmarried partner or any other dependant relative. Dependant relatives must show their ongoing dependency on you or a member of your household before you came to the UK, to date. Alternatively, you can apply if that relative strictly requires your personal care on serious health grounds.

You may be able to apply for a ‘derivative residence card’ if you are the primary carer of someone who has the right to live in the UK (or the primary carer’s child). It may also be possible if you are the child of an EEA national and currently in UK education.

Any application must be supported with original evidence which includes evidence of identity, your relationship with that family member and your ongoing status as a qualified person. We can manage your application, providing clear guidance and instruction throughout.

Extension applications

An EEA family permit is issued for six months initially when applied from overseas. This can be extended into a residence card for a further 5 years.

Permanent Residence

You may be able to apply for Permanent Residence following five years continuous stay in this category as an EEA national or family member. With Brexit looming in March 2019, this should be a priority for any EEA Nationals looking to stay permanently in the UK.

EEA Family member refusals

If you have been refused an application for an EEA registration certificate, EEA family permit, residence card or permanent residence; please provide a copy of the refusal letter to help us assess what options are available and how we can help. Please email this too

How to Get Started

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.


Under GDPR, we require your consent

13 + 7 =

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!