Legislation was laid in Parliament earlier this week, (16 March) which sets out a number of changes to immigration, visa and nationality fees. These changes will come into effect on 6 April 2018.
Careful consideration is given to individual fees to help reduce the funding contribution from UK taxpayers, whilst continuing to provide and invest in a service that remains attractive to our customers and competitive with other countries.
The key changes are outlined below.
- Increased fees on growth routes (work, study and visit) by 4%.
- Increased fees on most non-growth routes (nationality, settlement, family) and most associated premium services by 4%.
- The fee for the overseas optional ‘Priority Visa’ service for entry clearance will increase by 15%.
- For the fourth year running, we are not making any changes to fees under the sponsorship system.
- Fees for entry clearance to enter the Channel Islands and Isle of Man will rise in line with fee changes seen in the rest of the UK.
Compared to recruitment fees these submission fees still represent a cost-effective solution to recruitment and resourcing issues.
A full list of the new fees can be found on www.gov.uk
If you have any questions about the above changes or require assistance with an application, please call us on 01793 836010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org