Call us now (+44) 01793 836 010

Tier 2 Shortage Occupations

“Tier 2 Shortage Occupations enable your organisation to fill roles recognised by the Home Office as being in national short supply”.

We have significant experience in filling shortage roles with Non-EEA nationals, working across a range of specialist and shortage sectors, from niche consulting firms to FTSE-100 organisations. We work with you to ensure your visa application is managed effectively, enabling you to secure the key resources you need.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Tier 2 Shortage Occupations in more detail

The Home Office has produced a defined list of skilled and specialist roles that are nationally in short supply. This list is regularly updated in consultation with industry, but covers sectors including:

Nuclear, Construction-related ground engineering, 2D/3D Computer animation for film, television or video games, Specialist medical and healthcare professionals, Aerospace, Oil & gas, Specialist chefs, Railways, Electricity transmission & distribution, Social work, Actuaries & statisticians, Secondary school maths & science teachers, Electronics systems, Musicians, Dancers & Choreographers

Scotland has an additional list of shortage occupations which include: Physical scientists (diagnostics radiology), Medical Practitioners (oncology, radiology, anaesthetics, obstetrics and gynaecology) and Nurses (neonatal intensive care).

If the role you are recruiting for is recognised as an official shortage occupation, you will be able to bring in foreign talent without undertaking the resident labour market test. You will, however, still require a valid sponsor licence.

The conditions of employment must be in line with the shortage occupation provisions, and the role must be a full-time position (at least 30 hours per week).

Extension applications

If you’re continuing to work for the same organisation as your original application, you may be able to extend your Tier 2 shortage occupation visa. We can assess your case and give you the right advice from the start.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

You could qualify for settlement in the UK following 5 years continuous and lawful stay in this category. Evidence of employment will be required as part of the application.

How to Get Started

Whether you’re making an initial application under the Tier 2 shortage occupation arrangements or seeking to extend your stay in the UK, our experts can help manage your case. Call us on 01793 836 010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right.


Under GDPR, we require your consent

7 + 14 =

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!