Call us now (+44) 01793 836 010

Sponsorship Licence

“A sponsorship licence allows UK employers and education-providers to sponsor non-EEA nationals to work or study in the UK”.

Even experienced HR teams can find it difficult to keep up with the latest changes in UK immigration law, policy and best practice. Whether you’re a start-up business or a global group, we‘ll help you obtain your sponsor licence and provide you with ongoing support in an ever-changing climate.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Sponsorship licences in more detail

To sponsor a person under the points-based system, your company must hold a sponsorship licence. Without one, you cannot transfer existing employees to the UK, extend an existing work visa or apply for permission to employ someone from outside the EEA

Once granted, the sponsor licence allows you to make an application to employ a person – but each individual application will still be decided on a case-by-case basis.

You will be required to prove that you understand the duties and responsibilities expected of you as a sponsor.

As part of the audit, your organisation will be assessed across five key areas, which we can give guidance and direction on:

  1. Monitoring immigration status and prevention of illegal working
  2. Maintaining migrant contact details
  3. Record keeping
  4. Migrant tracking and monitoring
  5. Recruitment practice and professional accreditation

We’ll help you put your case forward – adapting our approach depending on the size and nature of your organisation, and the categories you are looking to register under. We will make recommendations based on best practice and our own experience of working with similar types of organisations – and of course all our work will be carried out in the strictest confidence.

Extension applications

Your sponsor licence is granted for an initial period of four years. You must apply to extend this if you wish to continue sponsor any non-EEA nationals. This is a formal application to the Home Office, which may involve your business undergoing another audit.

How to Get Started

Whether you’re making an initial sponsor licence application, extension/renewal or require consultancy services, we can help. Call us on 01793 836 010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right.


Under GDPR, we require your consent

9 + 7 =

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!